HURRY! Just 2 days left to join in!
Lately I've been thinking about what to do with the ol' blog for the entire month of April when I will be on my honeymoon instead of showing you interesting tidbits about Rome. I know it's annoying when the same post is up forever, and I don't want to lose any of you lovely readers. So this, folks, is what I've come up with.
By now you all know what a cheerleader I am for online events: lest we forget the Great International City Swap or the first-ever World Nutella Day. This one I'm officially calling La Mia Italia: My Italy. It's super easy to participate, and everyone who loves Italy and has a blog can, and should, join.
I've decided that while I'm away from my blog, I'd like to post a list of what you consider to be your greatest, most interesting, unique, funny, beautiful, etc. etc. etc. posts about il bel paese.
- Do you live in Italy? Do you blog about it? Send me some links to your favorite posts about Italy and I'll host them here for a month.
- Have you ever been to Italy? Did you take pictures? Did you write something on your blog about it? All you have to do is send me the link and I'll post it here during the time I'm away.
- Do you just plain love Italy? Want to move here? Studying the language? Have you made a great Italian recipe? Is there something you just don't "get" about Italy? Write about it. Post it on your blog. Send me the link.
1) Choose your favorite links to posts, photos or videos to enter. Send the links to: ahirswap AT gmail DOT com. I'll add them to my round-up. Entries are welcome in English and Italian.
2) Deadline to send entries is March 31.
3) If you're a button kind of person, you can save the button below and put it on your blog with a link back to this post.
4) On April 1, I'll post all the entries and, see you when I get back!
And just to sweeten the deal a bit, I'm thinking of having a reader-led vote at the end, and the winner will receive some Rome goodies from yours truly, like, how about some coffee from Sant'Eustachio, or a jigsaw puzzle of the Pope, or some postcards, and maybe some other surprises as well... (priest calendar, anyone? Sorry, I just couldn't resist...)
So, amici miei, it's coming, and its success depends on you: April is "My Italy" month here at AHIR. Join us!
PS Beware all you Italy bloggers or bloggers I've seen who have written about Italy--I've got my eye on you: if you don't join in voluntarily, I may be liable to pick one of your posts myself! So why not just choose your faves and send them to me? Grazie--grazie davvero molto. (Do you think this is how Elvis would have sounded if he spoke Italian? Thank you--thank you very much...)